Wednesday 5 October 2011

The first of many

I have been contemplating starting a blog for some time now. Now that I have, I am hyper aware of all of the things I want to talk about! Dog Training, Running, Movies, Books, My life etc. Its quite exciting.

My main reason for starting this blog is to keep track of my progress towards running my first marathon. I am signed up for the Scotial Bank Calgary Marathon in May 2012 and with winter looming just around the corner, the need to keep motivated is greater than ever.

There are certainly many things to keep me honest. Each morning, Training Peaks emails me my run for the next day which I have diligently planned out from September 2011 until May 2012. I have my Garmin Forerunner that keeps track of the actual runs, which is so addictive, and of course my family who are supportive although they question on a regular basis why anyone would voluntarily sign up to run 26.2miles/42.2km's.

Why did I sign up? Its something deep down I have wanted to do for a while. Sort of a bucket list type thing at the beginning, but has grown into so much more. I want to continue to be healthy and good to my body as I age so I can enjoy life, experience more, and feel great. The marathon is symbolic of all of that, and just a personal goal I have set for myself.

So, there ya have it. My first blog post. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment